- Act Club - A site dedicated to the use of Active Compression Therapy for the prevention of DVT. The site is aimed at healthcare professionals.
- NHS Direct Health Encyclopaedia - Has an article on DVT which includes an introduction, Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment and Prevention
- Prodigy Guidance - Has an array of article on DVT from an explanation to prevention when travelling. Please be aware this is written with the Health professional in mind.
- Department of Health - Good article on Travel related DVT and a scientific paper by Jeremy Grimshaw: Prevention of deep vein thrombosis: A feasibility study for a randomised trial of three different strategies to implement evidence based guidelines.
- World Health Organisation - Interesting article titled:- Travel by Air - Health considerations,
- Committee on Safety of Medicines of the MHRA - Has an interesting article on DVT and Oral contraceptives.
- The British Committee for Standards in Haematology (BCSH) - Has some very good guidelines, but is written for the Haemotologist, so requires some knowledge of scientific papers.
- The Circulation Foundation - Charity arm of the Vascular Society - Has patient leaflets on DVT.
- Clot UK - Clot Stands for Clinical Leaders Of Thrombosis and is an anti-coagulation and deep vein thrombosis special interest group for health care professionals in the UK.
- CoaguChek® - Has details of the Coagucheck self testing INR system for long term Warfarin users.
- DVT Forum - A forum set up for DVT suffers to share thier experiences and advice with each other.
stop DVT.ORG Charity to increase awareness and action against Deep Vein Thrombosis & Its Complications, Dedicated to prevent DVT ( Deep Vein Thrombosis -Clots in Legs) , PE ( Pulmonary Embolism - Clots in Legs) VTE ( Venous Thromboembolism - Clots in Veins)